|Olivia Williams celebrates with her Champagne|
As usual we all finished the week with the newsquiz ... the best way to ensure everyone gets into the habit of reading the papers in detail every day. This week's highest scorer was Mail sub-editor Lauren Davis with an impressive 16. Second was Mail reporter Francesca Infante with 15. Olivia Williams scored the highest running score by a Mail reporter over the three-weeks and was presented with a bottle of Champagne by media consultant Sue Ryan. Top Telegraph trainee this week was Ben Riley-Smith with 13.5. Have a crack at the questions below. If you beat Lauren's 16, I will be very impressed.
|Shakira is expecting ... but who's the father? PA|
1. Name the two women police officers killed in Manchester (half point for each name).
2. What was the name of the estate in Tameside, Manchester, that the two officers were called to?
3. Before this week's incident, the last police woman to be shot dead on duty in the UK was Sharon Beshenivsky in 2005. In which city?
4. Why was Mike O'Kane suspended from his job this week?
5. According to Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney, in a secretly taped conversation, what percentage of Americans are freeloaders relying on government handouts?
6. Colombian singer Shakira is expecting her first child. Who is the father?
7. According to a hard-hitting advert by St John Ambulance, broadcast during the commercial break in Downton Abbey, how many people might survive in the UK each year if everyone was trained in First Aid?
8. Which news reader confessed to dyeing her grey hair because age is an issue for women on TV?
9. Executive Anthony Sturman accidently sent indecent images to his office printer. Who were his employers?
10. Who is the editor of the Evening Standard?
11. Which quango paid out £9.4 million in redundancy payments to 223 employees but took on 598 new staff during the same period?
12. Policeman Simon Harwood was sacked for gross misconduct this week following the death of a newspaper seller during the G20 protests in London. What was the name of the man who died?
13. 26 people were killed in a gas plant fire in which country?
14. Six-year-old Will Smith accidently ran up a £2,000 bill on his grandfather's iPad playing which game?
15. Following the discovery of an ancient papyrus, a Harvard professor has claimed Jesus was married ... to whom?
16. Which comedian has been shortlisted in the Roald Dahl Funny Prize 2012 for his novel Gangsta Granny?
17. Nick Clegg has apologised for not keeping his word on tuition fees. What is Clegg's constituency?
18. A specialist team of doctors from which hospital has flown out to Camp Bastion following the unexpected birth of a baby boy?
19. What is the name of the Italian magazine that ran 20 pages of pictures, including some topless, of the Duchess of Cambridge?
And for a bonus point the magazine's editor, Alfonso Signorini, tweeted that “not even a direct call from ....... " would stop him publishing the photographs. Fill in the gap.
20. What is the name of Robbie Williams' baby daughter, born earlier this week?