Friday 26 October 2012

Best view from a newsroom in Europe?

This is for those of you working in windowless newsrooms or offices in industrial estates this grim October Friday evening. It is the view from the new newsroom at the Times of Malta in Valletta and was kindly sent to me by journalist Waylon Johnson (@WayCourt). The newsroom at the Times used to be a windowless and cramped place, now it is open-plan with this vista for the journalists to gaze upon.


A couple of years ago, while at the Inverness Courier, I took this picture and asked if the view from the editor's office was the best in Britain? Now the question has gone international. Which is the best newsroom view in Europe or, indeed, the world? The good news is I will be taking in the Maltese view first hand (and hopefully a bit of sunshine) next month when I have a week back working at The Times. Having just returned from London in the pouring rain, I have to say I am quite looking forward to it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment