|The Northern Echo's view of George Osborne's Budget (Q1)|
1. In his Budget speech, how much did George Osborne’s say the new sugar tax would raise a year? Bonus: What did Osborne say would rise from £15,240 to £20,000?
2. Who accused Barack Obama of 'outrageous and exorbitant hypocrisy'?
3. Joan Bakewell apologised after an ‘off the cuff remark’ that anorexia might be caused by doing what too often? Bonus: Who apologised unreservedly for images which were ‘totally disrespectful’? Bonus: England prop Joe Marler apologised for calling Welsh player Samson Lee what during the Six Nations rugby match?
4. Sylvia Anderson, who died this week, was the voice of which TV puppet?
5. How was the father of international footballer Umut Bulut killed?
6. Former Labour MP Oona King said the position of BBC Breakfast presenter Dan Walker was due to ‘low-level sexism’. Which position was she talking about?
7. Who gave a Nazi salute when he appeared in court accusing the government of violating his human rights?
8. Frauke Petry, who said police should 'if necessary' shoot migrants entering Germany illegally, led her party to unprecedented gains in the state elections. What is the name of her party?
9. Foreign Secretary Philip Hammond said in the Commons that praising Vladimir Putin for withdrawing from Syria was like praising a man who had stopped what?
10. How many police officers were wounded in a shoot-out with terrorists in Brussels?
11. Republican presidential candidate Marco Rubio quit after losing his home state to Donald Trump but John Kasich stayed after winning his. Name the two states. Half point for each
12. Who clocked up his 50th career Cheltenham Festival win on Thursday on Black Hercules? Bonus: Footballers Samir Carruthers and James Collins apologised after being pictured urinating into a glass on a packed balcony at the Cheltenham Festival. Name their clubs. Half point for each.
13. Anita Brookner, who died aged 87, won the Booker Prize in 1984 with a novel that became a BBC drama series. What was the book called?
14. Why did the RSPCA say it was ‘shocked and appalled’ to see German Shepherd Cruaghaire Catoria win Best of Breed at Crufts? Bonus: Which breed won the Best in Show for the first time in 26 years?
15. Who hit 11 sixes to lead his team to victory against England in their first game of cricket’s T-20 world cup?
16. Who was reported to police for allegedly ramming the gates of Windsor Great Park with a Range Rover?
17. Whose son tweeted a picture of a rabbit, with a tear in its eye, in a top hat?
18. Thousands of staff at which firm are to receive a £1,000 bonus as a thank you from boss Henry Engelhardt before he retires in May?
19. Archaeologists using infrared thermography tests believe they have found the tomb of which queen?
20. Professor Nicholas Goddard, 61, resigned after his secret life as a porn star called 'Old Nick' was uncovered. At which university was he a lecturer?