|The Mail's reporting, subbing and sports online trainees at Northcliffe House today. Quiz winner Jonathan Bucks, with the Champagne, is in the centre|
The top online scorer in last week's newsquiz was Janet Boyle with a resounding 19 points. The top team was Adam Batstone and his hacks past and present with 17, narrowly beating Lydia Willgress and James Dunn on 16. Here's this week's quiz. As usual, 25 questions about the week. Let me know how you get on.
|Cameron quits Parliament, Bake Off quits BBC (Questions 1, 2, 4 and 5)|
2. The Witney by-election will take place on October 20, the same day as a by-election in which other constituency?
3. What did former Conservative chancellor and ex-energy secretary Lord Lawson of Blaby describe as a 'thoroughly lousy deal’?
4. The Great British Bake Off is switching from the BBC to Channel 4 for a deal said to be worth how much a year?
5. Which company makes the Great British Bake Off?
6. Labour MP Emily Thornberry criticised Sky News presenter Dermot Murnaghan for 'pub-quizzing' after he asked her to do what?
7. Hillary Clinton reappeared after her health scare by walking on stage in Greensboro, North Carolina, to the sound of which song?
8. Donald Trump released his medical report. What was his blood pressure?
9. Who was taken to hospital from Stafford prison suffering from sepsis?
10. Professional footballer Pape Souare was airlifted to hospital after a car accident. Which club does he play for?
11. Which town has been named as the worst place to be a girl in England and Wales?
12. Who is featured on the new plastic £5 note?
13. Why did accountant Alex Jerrett cause outrage?
14. A parachutist died after crashing into a housing estate when a 15,000ft leap went wrong. In which county was the accident?
15. Major James Coleby was filmed allegedly snorting a line of white powder off a ceremonial sword while on duty. Which regiment is he in?
16. In which town was an interfaith marriage in a Sikh temple disrupted?
17. Paralympian Kadeena Cox became the first Briton in 32 years to do what?
18. Greta Friedman died aged 92. Why was she famous?
19. Which journalist used the c-word on Radio 4 this week?
20. What is the name used by Russian cyber-criminals who leaked information after hacking into the World Anti-Doping Agency's systems?
21. Four drunken women were thrown off a Monarch flight travelling from Manchester to where?
22. Grime artist Skepta won the Mercury Music prize for which album?
23. Ringo Starr, Paul McCartney and Yoko Ono took the blue carpet in Leicester Square to promote which film? Full name please.
24. Leicester City made their first appearance in the Champions League. Who did they beat?
25. What do yolo, gender-fluid and clicktivism have in common?