|Watch out for the killer dryers (Question 23)|
2. The Conservative victory in Copeland was the first time a governing party had won a by-election since which year?
3. According to former Liberal Democrat chief whip Paul Tyler, what is the ‘best day care centre for the elderly in London’?
4. A woman was killed during Storm Doris after being struck by wood blown off a building outside a Starbucks coffee shop in which city centre?
5. Jamal al-Harith apparently blew himself up in Mosul. What was his birth name?
6. The 56-year-old daughter of two Oxford University academics took on which £270,648-a-year role?
7. Ian Stewart was given a minimum prison term of how many years for the murder of children’s author Helen Bailey?
8. Why were Rebecca Steinfeld and Charles Keidan in the headlines?
9. Rory Graham won two awards at this year’s Brit Awards. What is his stage name?
10. David Bowie won two posthumous awards at the Brits. One was British Male Solo Artist. What was the other?
11. What odds did Sun Bets offer on Sutton United reserve goalkeeper Wayne Shaw being filmed eating a pie during the FA cup game against Arsenal?
12. The Kremlin rejected ‘irresponsible' allegations that Russia was involved in a plot to assassinate which country's prime minister?
13. Theresa May became the first Prime Minister to sit on which steps?
14. Wiltshire Chief Constable Mike Veale said he was '120 per cent convinced' that who was a paedophile?
15. Which company 'amicably agreed' to withdraw its proposal for a merger with Unilever?
16. Who became the Indian Premier League’s most expensive foreign player when he was bought for £1.7million by Rising Pune Supergiants?
17. A light plane crash into a shopping centre killing five people in which city?
18. Who revealed he was fighting dementia after forgetting the words to his own song?
19. Goalball, table tennis, archery, fencing and weightlifting were among the seven sports that lost their appeal against UK Sport funding cuts for the Tokyo 2020 Olympic and Paralympic games. Name the other two? Half point for each.
20. During a rally in Florida Donald Trump referred to a terror attack that supposedly occurred on the previous night ... but didn't. In which country was the attack meant to have taken place?
21. Harry Gallagher was photographed on top of Canary Wharf’s One Canada Square. What other name is he known by?
22. After a petition against him, Piers Morgan withdrew from which role, citing 'silly noise'?
23. Whirlpool has issued a safety alert that 5.3 million tumble dryers were a risk. Hotpoint was one of the brands affected. Name two others. Half point for each.
24. What did Gary Lineker describe as 'inexplicable, unforgivable and gut-wrenchingly sad’?
25. Trappist 1 caused a flurry of excitement this week. What is Trappist 1?